The Print Center’s Original Location: 219 South 17th Street, Philadelphia

posted in: Timeline, Uncategorized | 0
Original Address
Brochure announcing The Print Shop, 1915

The Print Center has made its home at 1614 Latimer Street since 1917, but our first location was around the corner, in a small office at 219 South 17th Street.  An early history of the organization described it this way, “Wall space in such quarters was sufficient only for a make-shift gallery. The print movement in Philadelphia was still an uncertain experiment, sustained by the few.” That address is now the home of the beloved diner Little Pete’s.