Since 1918, The Print Center has been located at 1614 Latimer Street, in an old carriage house in Philadelphia’s historic Rittenhouse Square neighborhood. The organization purchased the building in 1927 and has made many renovations over the years, including enclosing a … Read More
Michal Smith served as Executive Director from 2004 – 2006.
Sarah Van Keuren, Coded Leaf, 2007, Gum bichromate and cyanotype, 8 x 6 inches, Edition of 54
The Print Center participated in many activities in support of the war effort and our troops. This included a drive to collect copper etching and engraving plates to be melted down. An article from that time noted that the “donations … Read More
The project was funded by the Pew Center for Arts & Heritage. Publication of Demetrius Oliver: Canicular was supported by The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage and the National Endowment for the Arts. Exhibition Canicular was an innovative exhibition of newly commissioned … Read More
In 1925, Mrs. Crawford was appointed the first Director. Earlier, the organization had been led by the efforts of Mrs. Laurence Eyre, the first President, Executive Secretary Mrs. Elizabeth Forbes Dallam, and her assistant, Miss Flora Lash.
Appointed in 2006, Elizabeth (Liz) Spungen’s tenure at The Print Center has been marked by programmatic and administrative accomplishments. She has developed numerous major individual and institutional gifts, among them the largest gift ever received by The Print Center naming … Read More
Sarah McEneaney, West Texas Night, 2009, Screenprint, 13 x 10 inches, Edition of 30
In 1941 Carl Zigrosser was appointed as the first Curator of Prints, Drawings and Rare Books at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, a position he held until 1963. Under Zigrosser’s direction, the collection grew dramatically and came to include a … Read More
Jerome Kaplan Graphic Works, 1974 – 1994, 1994 Texts by James A. Ganz and Rachel Kaplan Softcover, 10″ x 7″, 18 pages and Jerome Kaplan Prints, 1973 Texts by George Bunker and Ruth Fine Softcover, 10″ x 7″, 32 pages In 1994, … Read More