From 1915 until 1996 The Print Center was known as The Print Club, and was one of many media specific, member-based clubs in Philadelphia, such as The Plastic Club, The Sketch Club and The Pen and Pencil Club. In 1996, The Print Center changed its name to properly mark our engagement with an audience much broader than our members, identifying us as a nexus for artists, collectors and the contemporary art community. We best serve our members and our community by making a contribution to the field at large, and the new name reflected that belief.
A New Name
posted in: Timeline